Holy Trinity Catholic Schools, Inc.
Fort Madison, Iowa
The Holy Trinity Catholic (HTC) Schools of Fort Madison, Iowa seeks a dynamic and creative educational leader who can inspire and serve as our Elementary School Principal. HTC unites the area’s four Catholic parishes located in Houghton, St. Paul, West Point, and Fort Madison. This regional model of Catholic education is intended to incorporate the history and uniqueness of each parish while maximizing the impact of the collective strength of each community. This position reports to the President of the HTC Board of Education.
This role will work closely with our 7-12 Principal in the development of a unified approach and philosophy for our school system. Our K-6 and 7-12 Principals and will co-direct the activities of our newly formed Academic Leadership Team (ALT) and Operations Leadership Team (OLT). These two teams will help shape and direct the growth and advancement of Catholic education in our school and parish communities. This innovative leadership approach brings voices from throughout our system together to move our schools forward in a positive direction.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A valid teaching certificate and valid Principal’s certificate (K-6) from the Iowa Department of Education or possess appropriate credentials to prove eligibility for Iowa certification.
- Classroom teaching practices with specifically defined teacher-leader or administrative leadership experiences.
- Respect for the unique heritage of Catholic education, and a desire and motivation to work with Holy Trinity Catholic School leaders, community stakeholders and member parishes.
- Highly effective communication and organizational skills with a specific ability to introduce, champion and support new concepts and build support and energy around defined goals.
- Experiences and abilities in the collection, analysis, and utilization of student performance and school operational data in informing instructional and operational decisions.
- Desire to build leadership capacity among classroom teachers and educational staff, demonstrating a willingness to work in collaboration with all faculty to create a powerful learning community that supports the development of students and staff alike.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and extended workdays as needed.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and work in an environment with constant interruptions and minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk or hear; and use hands to manage objects or controls. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 – 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work takes place primarily in an office/school environment; however there is some travel and limited exposure to outside elements.
Those interested in the position should submit a summary statement of interest and resume to:
Search Committee Chair
Holy Trinity Board of Education